Often we see men (who work-out) taking high protein meals, we look at those big jars of protein supplements and imagine heavy masculine muscular bodies. I have personally been living in this myth for a long time until I started learning more about nutrition and supplementation. I realised the importance of protein whether taken naturally or as a supplement.
Here are 7 important reasons why women should say YES to Protein:
1. Protein is the most essential component in building muscle mass. Out of the 20 amino acids that make protein, 9 are essential which means our body cannot produce them on it’s own. That’s why we need to make sure that we incorporate them into your diet regularly.
2. Women who exercise regularly make their muscles go through a lot of wear and tear. When your protein intake is good, your body’s tissue repairing process gets much faster. As a result the new muscles grow back to be even stronger.
3. Women are much more prone to eating junk especially giving in to their sugary cravings. A good protein diet will completely wipe off this craving because your body digests protein very slowly. Hence, you are going to remain fuller and stay away from your cravings for longer periods of time.
4. Protein has the highest thermic effect. Thermic effect is the amount of calories your body utilises to process and utilise a nutrient. Hence, taking a good protein diet, helps you burn calories much more effectively. Especially a post-workout protein shake will not only repair your muscles but help you continue with the post-workout burn.
5. Scarcity of protein in your diet leads your body to eat up your own muscle mass. As a result your physical strength decreases and your body loses it’s vitality.
6. Protein boosts your immune system. Whey protein supplements are a great source of glutathione, an important amino acid that boosts up the immune system. Since this amino acid is rarely available from the usual sources of dietary protein, taking a whey supplement is immensely beneficial in protecting your body from illness.
7.Proteins accelerate the process of building lean muscle mass. The more lean muscles you build, the greater you start burning away your flabs.
So, whether it is chicken, fish, eggs, beans, soy, nuts, mushrooms or your favourite whey protein shake, don’t shy away from Proteins. A good strength training routine incorporated with a good intake of dietary protein will help you remain gorgeous forever 🙂